Another one that I’m excited to get a full album release from…smooth, old Motown sound from a 25 year old Texan. Loving this right now.
Tag Archives | music
You guys, there is so much good music coming out right now, that I honestly had a hard time figuring out what song to pick this round. That’s a pretty good problem to have though, so I’m just going to go with something I’ve got on pre-order right now…
I loved Lord Huron’s last album, but I think his upcoming release, Strange Trails is going to get a lot more play from me than Lonesome Dreams did. I especially love this dark, catchy, old western tinged tune…it kind of makes me feel like I should be driving down Route 66 with the windows down, and then stop to have a bonfire in the desert in the middle of the night.
(And then to take this to crazy paper nerd level, scrapbook about it later with the Journey line from CP, hahaha)
Since my trip down South to spend time in Nashville (and then with my family in Mississippi), there’s been a lot of Willie, Johnny, and Patsy rolling around in my ears, and I’m not ready to come back up from that yet.
So yep, this song is perfect lately.
That moment when an album you’ve been dying for is FINALLY. HERE. Right now for me, that album would be Let The Good Times Roll from JD McPherson.
His 2012 LP Signs & Signifiers is a big favorite of mine (I darrrrre you to not bop your head along to “North Side Gal”…or any song from that album), and seeing him live last year sealed a Favorite Artist status in my book.
If you’re in need of a pick-me-up, especially in the form of bluesy, 50’s style rock and roll, then I highly recommend giving him a listen…
My musical tastes the past couple weeks have been a bit crunchier than usual. (Most likely due to the gotta get shit done mode I’ve been in that needs a little more energy behind it) I’ve only recently come across Courtney Barnett, but OH MAN. I’ve been devouring her last album – though it’s overall less rowdy than this new song – and dying for more from her release next month.
And on a completely different note not related to this song…is anyone else going to watch the Grammys? It’s really the only awards show I watch, and I’m rooting for some T. Swift and Black Keys wins. (Even though I don’t really enjoy “Turn Blue” as a whole, Dan Auerbach is my dream husband so I should be supportive)
Get New Posts By Email:
- Make | 6×8 (and 8×8) Project Life – January June 5, 2015
- Make | 6×8 Project Life – January May 22, 2015
- Make | 6×8 Project Life – January May 13, 2015
- Life | England Trip May 10, 2015
- Love | Sunday Song #6 April 19, 2015
- Make | 8×8 Layout – “On This Journey” April 15, 2015
- Make | 6×8 Project Life – January April 8, 2015
- Life | Blog Hop – My Creative Process August 11, 2014
- Make | Valentine Card Trio February 12, 2014
- Love | My Top 10 Favorite Scrapbook Tools April 18, 2014
- Make | 8×8 Layout – Lost Lake April 8, 2014
- Make | 12×12 Layout – Sunday Brunch May 6, 2013
- Make | 6×8 Project Life – June August 26, 2014
- Make | Card – “Hit The Books” August 20, 2014