Another one that I’m excited to get a full album release from…smooth, old Motown sound from a 25 year old Texan. Loving this right now.
Archive | Love RSS feed for this section
You guys, there is so much good music coming out right now, that I honestly had a hard time figuring out what song to pick this round. That’s a pretty good problem to have though, so I’m just going to go with something I’ve got on pre-order right now…
I loved Lord Huron’s last album, but I think his upcoming release, Strange Trails is going to get a lot more play from me than Lonesome Dreams did. I especially love this dark, catchy, old western tinged tune…it kind of makes me feel like I should be driving down Route 66 with the windows down, and then stop to have a bonfire in the desert in the middle of the night.
(And then to take this to crazy paper nerd level, scrapbook about it later with the Journey line from CP, hahaha)
It’s been awhile since I’ve done one of these, so here’s a few things in the the scrappy world that I’m drooling over…
1) This travel themed stamp set from Kerri Bradford is so high on my want list right now!
2) I adore the designs Studio Calico releases for Project Life, but have never bought a kit due to those dagblasted rounded corners. They’ve recently started releasing them in digital format though, which made me super giddy…the round corners are still printed on the cards (WHY), but at least with the digital version, I can cut it so the edges are straight. ;)
3) I actually don’t know if these are new from them or not, but these woodgrain alpha stickers from October Afternoon? Yes, please!
4) So madly in love with this pretty floral washi tape <3 (Can be found in some other Etsy washi shops)
Since my trip down South to spend time in Nashville (and then with my family in Mississippi), there’s been a lot of Willie, Johnny, and Patsy rolling around in my ears, and I’m not ready to come back up from that yet.
So yep, this song is perfect lately.
That moment when an album you’ve been dying for is FINALLY. HERE. Right now for me, that album would be Let The Good Times Roll from JD McPherson.
His 2012 LP Signs & Signifiers is a big favorite of mine (I darrrrre you to not bop your head along to “North Side Gal”…or any song from that album), and seeing him live last year sealed a Favorite Artist status in my book.
If you’re in need of a pick-me-up, especially in the form of bluesy, 50’s style rock and roll, then I highly recommend giving him a listen…
Get New Posts By Email:
- Make | 6×8 (and 8×8) Project Life – January June 5, 2015
- Make | 6×8 Project Life – January May 22, 2015
- Make | 6×8 Project Life – January May 13, 2015
- Life | England Trip May 10, 2015
- Love | Sunday Song #6 April 19, 2015
- Make | 8×8 Layout – “On This Journey” April 15, 2015
- Make | 6×8 Project Life – January April 8, 2015
- Life | Blog Hop – My Creative Process August 11, 2014
- Make | Valentine Card Trio February 12, 2014
- Love | My Top 10 Favorite Scrapbook Tools April 18, 2014
- Make | 8×8 Layout – Lost Lake April 8, 2014
- Make | 12×12 Layout – Sunday Brunch May 6, 2013
- Make | 6×8 Project Life – June August 26, 2014
- Make | Card – “Hit The Books” August 20, 2014